No big vacation plans this year? Don’t fret! Instead, enjoy a staycation – that is, a vacation while staying at home. You’d be surprised how much fun and how relaxing a staycation can be. Even if you don’t live in a big city, I promise you, you’ll find some great things to do. Here are some fabulous ideas for taking some time off, at home…
- Eat out for every meal. Instead of cooking your usual breakfast, lunch, and dinner, dine out. Check out some of the best local eateries in your town – go to an old favorite or explore some place new! (Or, spend some extra time in the kitchen, whipping up some things you normally wouldn’t. Homemade donuts, anyone??!)
- Spend a day at the pool. With sunshine and a beautiful pool to swim in, it’s hard not to picture yourself on an exotic beach. Go ahead and soak up the rays, even if in your backyard!
- Spend an afternoon browsing local art galleries and antique stores. Chances are, this isn’t something you normally do. Enjoy an afternoon perusing these fun places. Maybe you’ll find a neat treasure to take home!
- Enjoy the great outdoors. Plan a day of hiking or biking. Check out nearby state parks, trails, and conservation areas. Go fishing. Have a picnic. After all, being in nature is good for the soul!
- Treat yourself to something special. Enjoy a spa pedicure, a fancy dessert, or a nice bottle of wine. Read a great book, sleep in, or take a relaxing bath. After all, you’re on staycation!